Tuesday, December 31, 2013

From Fiona Ssozi

I never met Gary in person but for some reason, i feel like i knew him and we were friends already. When i was considered for the HPI bursary in 2012, i let him know that i was excited but was too pregnant to travel, Gary was very  kind and assured me that my place would be secured until after my maternity time and that i didn't need to worry about a thing! Every time i got a disheartening email from UCT admissions, he always responded with kindness and with a lot of assurance that all was well.
I looked forward to meeting him finally come February 2014 but i guess God had other plans for him.
On the Day that i planned to write him an email to let him know that i had got the visa and what my travel dates were to Cape Town, a colleague (an Alumni of UCT) walked upt o me and told me 'Gary is dead'!! i refused to believe and its still hard to believe......strange that am so sad about the death of someone i never got to meet and yet i feel i knew him and convinced he was a great person :(

I pray that God will take care of his family and those that were so dear to him. May we all be as kind, generous and humble to others in gratitude of what Gary did and was.....

I have missed meeting a wonderful person in person :( 
RIP Gary and may God smile with you always!!

Fiona (Uganda)

No comments:

Post a Comment