Sunday, December 29, 2013

From Shikoh Gitau

I remember when i met you  Gary in February of 2007, and i called you Prof. Marsden, you told me not to call him that, as you have not grown a beard yet, you teased me until i dropped the Prof.Marsden and just ended up calling him Gary :-) Gary you took me under your wings, took the risk of allowing me to ride on your good name, became my biggest advocate, and cheerleader, you taught and prayed with me to believe in myself, that i have got what it takes to get an MSc, a PhD and that i can change the world. You opened your home and heart to me, and all of your students, there are so many great memories, a few of us had even nick named you "father" because you truly were that to us. Even after graduation, you still allowed time to have our long email threads and skype calls, you became a mentor and a friend, i know you are in Gods caring hands.  
I will miss you Prof.Marsden, i hope you grow a beard now! 

Shikoh Gitau

No comments:

Post a Comment